Very Topp Katz Christmas





















So. I've been told, that the rationale for this album is not "Fun" enough, apparently, "depression doesn't sell rekorddz". So. I'm writing another, and you can choose which you like.



The Hollywood version.

Yay. Yay. Yay. Christmas is here. What would make you physically smile more, than the look of joy on the face of a loved one when they open their present and see the latest
Topp Katz Rekorddz release? Probably nothing. And then, afterwards, surrounded by piles of unneccessary consumables, you can eat and drink and eat and drink and eat until you throw up. Then go to sleep, and know, This is happiness.


For the Realists.

Apparently, Christmas is not about getting drunk at dinner and fighting with your arsehole Dad who keeps calling you a failure, even though his and your ideas of success are at opposite ends of the spectrum, what would he know about your success, or whether your date did or didn't just (allegedly) smoke heroin in the good bathroom.

The point is, in the spirit of the season, Topp Katz has got clean, three weeks and counting, and we're releasing music again. And, in the spirit of my continuing therapy, this Very Topp Katz Christmas contains a collection of the songs that punctuated my downward spiral in the 16 days after last Christmas.

Merry Christmas Dad, this one's for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Topp Katz,

Depresion may not sell recordd'z, but here at Sham PR* we like to say that depresions' like a gateway drug to better sales.

If it leads to a downward drug spiral and a junkie/prostitute/drug dealer girlfriend, as you say (accurasy doesn't really matter in PR), pretty soon the kiddies will be in a buying frenzy. See: Cobain, Kurt.

Mr Katz, you're not looking at this the right way- we can 'MAKE' 'ALL THE KIDS' 'SMASH' your 'BAND'. That's why you need to get a PR firm behind you (mine, odviously). We'll get you seen in all the 'RIGHT PLACES'.

Just now I noticed you have obvious problems with the father figure in your life - didn't the Cobain guy hate everyone too, especialy his dad?? I could get an article written in NME about how you guys are the next Nirvana!!!! Genius!!! Sometimes I surprise myself with my unique view on things... genius.

Anyway, as they say in PR: talk to me, honey!!! I'm sure I can make you an offer your sure you can't refuse. Or something.

Yours' sinscerly,

CC.

Anonymous said...

Last Christmas I got confirmation that I was HIV positive. This records totally sums up what I was goin through.
Thanks Mr ToppKATZ!